April 20, 2017
1) Houston’s office sublease inventory decreased by 480,000 square feet in the fourth quarter of 2016 and again by 395,000 square feet in the first quarter of this year.
2) Total office sublease inventory currently sits at approximately 11.3 million square feet.
3) Class A space accounts for 79.2 percent of total available sublease space on the market.
4) Katy Freeway West and CBD account for more than one-third of all subleases on the market.
5) CBD and Katy Freeway West lead Houston submarkets in terms of Class A sublease space with 1.96 million square feet and 1.94 million square feet respectively.
6) Westchase and Greenspoint lead in terms of Class B sublease space with 302,000 square feet and 295,000 square feet respectively.
7) Houston’s Katy Freeway West, CBD, Greenspoint and Westchase submarkets each have more sublease space than all other submarkets in major markets across the U.S.